My BFF, Heather is an awesome cook. She could go up against Martha Stewart ANY day! I have been trying to get her to start a blog so she could share some of her recipes, but she hasn't made the move yet. Among the tons of other things we have in common, we both love to cook. We sit on the phone and talk about recipes and grocery shopping for hours at least two times a week! (not sure when we got old enough for that to be the topic of our conversations!!)
Anyway, here is one of her recipes that I cooked the other night and it was INCREDIBLE! So easy to make too.
Heather's Incredible Shrimp
- 4 pounds raw jumbo shrimp, heads off, tails and shells on.
- rinse and thaw shrimp
- add all of this and shrimp to a BIG dish- one of the metal disposable works great:
- pepper- lots
- garlic powder
- 2 sticks of butter cut into pieces and spread around pan
- 2 cups white wine- any white will do- I used Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2-3 bay leaves- (lay them on top)
- 3-4 sprigs of rosemary- (lay them on top)
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Serve with french bread for soaking up the delicious sauce. I got a Pillsbury roll of french bread and cooked it while the shrimp cooked.
You will LOVE this meal.
This is Heather's pic. We were on the phone while cooking and realized we were cooking the EXACT meal on the same night!