Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Week Off

I was SO excited to get to spend the whole week + in Dallas with Brett because that never happens. But, poor Brett has had too work non stop since I have been here. 3 of the 6 nights I have been in town he has been on call and worked all night and the next day with no rest and then comes home and crashes with no dinner, tooth brushing or anything! I don't know how these guys do it. They are machines.
Anyway, I have been trying to find ways to keep myself busy. I am not used to having this spare time! Not that I'm complaining...

Ok so here is what I have done so far this week.

Organized every cabinet in the house. I ended up re-arranging the entire kitchen and I love it. This is obviously an in progress picture!

I hung another closet rod in this closet and cleaned it up a little.
Now we don't have to take cover every time we open the door!!

Of course I have been cooking up a storm.

I made Tasty Kitchen/PW's Outrageous Garlic Soup which was totally Outrageous! I mean this was so good. I got some italian sausage links, sliced them and cooked them and added them to the soup which I think made it even better. I will make this again, no doubt.


I started going to Yoga. I love it. I went for 5 days in a row, but skipped today. A yoga studio down the street has a special for $10 for 10 days and that is what I am doing. I'll probably join though. The room is about 100 degrees and the classes are an hour and a half but somehow it feels so good. I have a mini panic attack for about the first 5 minutes after I walk in because I feel like I can't breathe, but then I get used to it.

I also cooked these: Pumpkin Creme Pies

Oh my these were good too. I made them too big though. If you make them, do it smaller than what I did because this is a lot to eat.

I can't take total credit for these cute things. Brett helped out a lot. I'm sure that is just what he wanted to do on a night off, but we got to hang out that way!

I made another piece of spray paint artwork with another board from the attic.

Cooked a whole chicken which was awesome. Here is what I did:

Preheat oven to 450.
  • Stuff chicken with onion, garlic, fresh rosemary and lemon.
  • rub chicken with olive oil and cover with fresh chopped herbs ( I just used Rosemary), garlic powder, sea salt and pepper.
  • Throw in any veggies you want around the chicken. I used sweet potatoes, onions, garlic and carrots. Sprinkle a little olive oil and about 1/4 cup water around veggies.
  • Cook for 1hr 15 to 1 hr 30 and baste periodically to get this golden brown color.
So moist and yummy.

I also used some funny quotes and some wedding pics to make note cards with some blank cards I had.

(I'll bring them home so you can see them. I know some of you see a pic of yourself in there!)

We also joined Netflix. The first month is free so I figured I would take advantage of it. I have already watched a few movies and documentaries. Last night we watched "The Sound Of Music". If I have ever see it, I didn't remember, but I loved it. That is one of Brett's favorite movies and he has been trying to get me to watch it since we started dating.

Tonight I made this Risotto. I had never made Risotto before and it was maybe the best PW meal yet. Thankfully Beth was able to come over to enjoy it with me.
I made PW's Risotto and did the shrimp as it was done here and added to it.
This recipe makes enough to feed a small village so it would be great for a dinner party.
(The iPhone just doesn't show the deliciousness of these pics like I want it to. A new camera is my next investment. Any suggestions?)

I actually ended up working here today at the nursing home, which was great. Going to meet a friend and her new baby bump tomorrow for lunch in Waco :)
No plans for Friday, but I'm sure there will be laundry to do by then....!

The good news is Brett has all weekend off! The first in over a month. Not sure what we will do. Maybe Fright Fest at Six Flags? We have season tix but have only gone once....

7 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy! The food looks amazing. I just love the Pioneer Woman's recipes. That risotto sounds fabulous. And I love the notecards you made! What a great idea!

    The Sound of Music is seriously the best film of all time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anna! I didn't know y'all had a blog! I love it! You have met Bennett at our crawfish boil a while back. I need that pumpkin creme pie recipe. We are having the boil again...get ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy crap that was a super post-

    brett has been watching the sound of music and making pumpkin creme pies? omg wtf

    that soup looks annalicious

    ryan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand how you have been bored...that's more than most people do in a month. I can't wait to try out your new dishes! Maybe I will this weekend, wish we were ther with you guys. Ryan has the weekend off too so you should come here!!

    miss you! randi

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. thanks for letting us know that brett had the weekend off...sure would have been a good time to use a free flight and drink some wine with my friend

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! What a fun-filled week of cooking, crafts, and movies!! I think I should take a week off and do the same! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. for some reason i'm just now noticing the risotto and it looks ammmaaazing. ps i still have dreams about the deliciousness that was the pumpkin cream pies!

    ReplyDelete