Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Crochet lessons!!

For the last two Tuesday nights we have been trying to learn how to Crochet. A friend was suppossed to come give us lessions but she wasn't able to come...so we YouTubed it! But because we have poor service we couldn't watch the entire video but it got us started!

Megan and her girls are there for our entertainment and lots of hugs and kisses.
I made this hat!! It is a little big so I'm going to find directions before I make another one because after I got started I just made up how to make the rest!!

We got a treat last night because Analeise is home from college. She is usually off in the big city of Austin being a Longhorn.
Aunt Rachel is showing off her scarf she is working on.

Like with all of our activities, Aunt Becky is an observer and entertainer. She is showing off her "air crochet" skills here.
My mom also made up her own stitch and is making a cute scarf. Of course, my Sassy was there for our girls night.


Gran Gran always has a treat for us prepared. Here she is making Hot Punch which is so yummy this time of year. Here is the recipe:
Using a 12 cup percolator:
3 C Gingerale
3C Apple Juice
3 C Pineapple Juice
In the basket put about 5 cloves, a cinnamon stick and about 1/4 a small bag of red hots.
Brew and enjoy!

We will probably be crocheting for the next few Tuesdays. After that I don't know what is on our agenda. Any suggestions??

9 comments:

  1. I like your hat! This is now on my "to do" list. Years ago I bought crochet needles and yarn but never got very far with it. That was before youtube. I'll have to check that out and try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Love the hat and just love how y'all get together every week! Y'all could learn to sew (Anna, I know you could teach that lesson after all the sewing we did in high school), make jewelry, make SUSHI, paper clothes...the possibilites are endless.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh, a good one....learn to can foods....may have to do that when the garden is producing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh and learn to make jelly.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey friend, remember when you used to blog? You need to get back on task and take a break from this cute crocheting (is that word, I'm not sure) Can you make me a little hat for my baby that Ryan wants me to have? p.s. I will email you the recipe for Nana's monkey bread. How cute is Gran Gran? I want to spend the week with her!

    Randi (of course)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made a very long comment but it said that it had to be approved before posting?? don't know what that was about because it wasn't inappropriate or anything this time?? weird...i guess if it doesn't work I'll re-comment on your skills. maybe we should start making our own wine??

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute blog and I love, love your header. So glad that I found your blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to learn how to crochet so I can make some cute little things for my girl, but I don't have enough patience with it. Maybe I need to do it in a group like you, and it would be more fun :-)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so impressed with your hat! I don't know how to crochet, but maybe I should look it up on youtube and learn too. Happy New Year!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete