Friday, August 19, 2011

Bar Stool Re-do

Brett decided we needed a few barstools so he can have somewhere to sit while I cook!! haha

I searched a few garage sales but didn't have any luck. Soooo I searched my parent's house and found several options. Mom was nice enough to let me have these.

I found a link on Pinterest on how to paint furniture and got inspired there.

HERE is the link.

I decided to go green because I just love the color green.

I sanded them down a little, used two coats of spray paint (of course) then I used a black acrylic paint to give them a weathered look.

The website above told me how to do it and I couldn't believe how easy it was. I literally used acrylic paint from a little paint set that I had. The key is wiping the paint on the stools with a very wet paper towel. I didn't get mine wet enough at first and ended up having to start over with the green because it was too black.

So wipe a small amount of paint on the wood with a wet paper towel then wipe it off with a damp one. Just play with it until you get the look you are going for.

I sprayed a sealer on top of them when I was done. This took me less than 30 minutes to do both of these.

1 comment: