Sunday, October 30, 2011

Butternut Squash Soup and Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread

I had Butternut Squash Soup yesterday at a restaurant called Bolsa. It was delicious.

The cool weather (and another day of being home alone with nothing I need to do) inspired me to try to cook some myself.

Here is the recipe I used.

It turned out to be very tasty!

Gran Gran gave me a new pan I have been wanting to try so I decided to make some Jalapeno Cornbread. Brett said he eats it at the hospital and really likes it so I thought I would try to make some for him.

JalapeƱo Cheddar Cornbread

3 boxes Jiffy Cornbread Mix

  • 1 can Cream Corn
  • 2 C sour cream
  • 2 C shredded cheddar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 large yellow onion, diced
  • 1 green bell pepper diced
  • diced jalepeno peppers ~3
  • salt and pepper
Mix all of the ingredients together, spread in a greased 9x13 dish and bake at 350 for about 1 hour.

(This recipe makes a lot of cornbread! It is really moist and REALLY good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment