Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Jackie's Bridal Shower

In about a month I'll have a "sister"!  Jackie's bridal shower was this past weekend.  They got a lot of really nice gifts. 





Megan and her girls and her lack of an 18 week baby bump with her little boy!!!

Lots of pretty things for their new house!

Gran Gran checking it all out.
 I don't know if other places do it like this, but in Center we register at the local stores and someone goes and picks the gifts up the day of the shower.  They are not wrapped.  We display them for everyone to see.  It is a nice way to do things because the bride gets to visit instead of open gifts the entire shower and everyone gets to see the gifts for the bride and groom!


Clayton even got some man gifts from ACE Hardware.  He was totally against registering at all at first then he went to ACE Hardware and went crazy.  He later asked me if he could register at other places such as Cabella's.  I cracked up.  He was totally serious.  He said he needed to hunt to provide for his family.

Me and Mom :)

More man gifts.

Gran Gran and 2 of her girls. 


Jackie, The Bride!

The Bride to Be and her hostesses 
Opening gifts

I volunteered to make the cake.  I was pretty nervous but I was happy with the way it turned out and it tasted good too. The cake stand was made by my uncle Jimmy for Megan's wedding.  It made the cake look much cuter.  I used Kabob sticks and cut burlap and lace to make the banner.  Below are the links to the cake recipe I used:
White Wedding Cake
Wedding Cake Buttercream
How I iced the cake

I used 9 in cake pans.  Each one took an entire recipe so I quadrupled the cake recipe.  I then stacked two, put support sticks (cake pop sticks) and a 9 in round cardboard circle then stacked the last two.  I made the cakes and put a crumb coat of icing on the day before then made the icing the day of.  I didn't assemble it until I got there.  I ended up making 6 recipes of the icing.  I am not sure how many this will actually serve.  I would guess about 50-60.
This is a really good cake recipe that is pretty easy because it uses a box mix and adds additional ingredients.


Looking forward to Jackie and Clayton's big day!  It is going to be a really pretty, DIY, outdoor wedding with the reception in the barn.  I can't wait to see it all put together!

1 comment:

  1. You guys did such a great job, everything turned out so pretty. We do the same thing in Jefferson with the gifts...wonder if that is a small town thing. You look gorgeous as usual, I love your dress. I can't even tell there is a little belly in there! That cake looks delish, I can almost taste it...and love the stand. Very unique..is that the same uncle that made your table?

    ReplyDelete