Monday, August 9, 2010

Fresh Tomato Pie

We had a great weekend hanging out with Brett's parents. They came to visit and we really enjoyed our time with them. Friday night we went to dinner at one of our favorite places: Daddy Jack's. It is a tiny restaurant on Lower Greenville Avenue with great steaks and fresh seafood. We went there the night we got engaged and Friday night we were celebrating Brett making an awesome score on STEP 2 of his board exams.


If anyone needs any proposal ideas, talk to this guy. Ours was so special and unique!! :)

Anyway, back to the weekend. Saturday we ran a few errands and then came in for the afternoon and Brett's dad helped me to wax up a case I have been struggling with.


See, nobody can say dentist's don't ever work. We were working all afternoon on Saturday!

So Brett's dad has started to garden this year and he brought us a huge bag of pretty little tomatoes.


I knew we could never eat all of them in salads so I found this recipe for a Tomato Pie on www.tastykitchen.com (My 2nd favorite website after The Pioneer Woman.)


It was yummy. I changed a few things up on the recipe because I didn't have the exact ingredients but here it is:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/main-courses/garden-fresh-tomato-pie-with-bacon/

I used mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top instead of what it asked for. I also sautéed onions with garlic instead of using green onions.

I is a really quick an easy recipe that is delicious.

Does anyone have one of these? I got it years ago at CVS when it was still Eckerds. It is called "Makin' Bacon" and it makes it perfct every time. I don't know if you can still buy one but if anyone is a bacon eater this thing is great.




I brought back alot of fresh veggies from my dad's garden to cook this weekend. Homegrown foods are so delicious. We also get to enjoy this Friday night hanging out with my parents and listening to Monte Montgomery sing!! He is an awesome guitarist and singer if you haven't heard him.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, my parents use the Makin Bacon and it is pretty amazing how perfect it turns out. I, the Dietitian, prefer to fry mine in its own FAT!! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that tomato pie looks amazing! do you think we can get married? i could split my time between louisville and dallas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. did that creep you out....it was me, not ryan - i'm sure that makes you feel a ton better

    ReplyDelete